Meetings and Golf make a perfect pair for any business conference. Golf is a desirable activity for many business professionals who find it easy to conduct meetings as they navigate around the course. If you’re planning a large conference, it is helpful to break up the day’s activities with a bit of recreation to keep their minds fresh and allow attendees time to build relationships. Events like Golf are also popular among conference planners because they can fairly easy to organize, especially when working with a great golf course staff. This article gives you a few tips of things to consider if you’re new to the concept as well as local resources to support your event at the Regency.
Golf Courses Near The Regency
There are several nice golf courses near the O’Fallon-Shiloh area to contact about a corporate outing. Those include:
- Tamarack Country Club & Golf Course
- Orchards Golf Course & Restaurant
- Yorktown Golf Course
- Stonewolf Golf Club
- Far Oaks Golf Club
- St. Clair Country Club
Tips To Consider For a Successful Golf Outing
- Start six months or earlier in selecting your date and time to get the best options.
- Explore your property options for meals and refreshments.
- Allow time for 4-5 hours of Golf plus a typical cocktail reception and dinner.
- Ask about golf carts and locker room usage.
- Clearly identify what is included in administrative fees (for managing the golf event details) and if food/beverage fees are included.
- Ask about drink tickets to help manage a budget if alcoholic beverages are included.
- Discuss competition formats: the Scramble, Best Ball, Odd & Even, Stableford, or Stableford
- Discuss Contest Options (Putting, Chipping, Driving, Closest to Pin, Putt)
- If a fundraiser, consider Hole Sponsors as an added earning and promotional opportunity.
- Prepare registration and how to pair your teams.
- Get a good idea on the number of staff/volunteers you’ll need to support the event.